In Business, we were divided into groups and each one was assigned a different topic. Tomas Anania and I prepared the following presentation to give to the rest of the class in order to explain and help them understand the topic:
In Language class, our teacher, Pat Chujman asked that we create posters with linking words. I worked on them with Delfi, Tomi and Juani. Now, we are supposed to create sentences to fill in with frequency and sequence linking words for our peers to complete:
1. ____________ we have 3 meals _______.
2. I _________ go to the gym, but only if I have free time.
3. Get your homework done __________ you get home.
4. ________, I think that recycling should be incorporated in all schools for the reasons above mentioned.
5. ________ that terrifying moment, I knew that I would _________ come back.
6. ______ I had realized that she _________ understood my issue.
7. Let’s eat and go to a movie ___________.
The rest of the class’ posters:
The new topic in Biology is the Endocrine System and we were to do the activities on Male’s blog:
- Hormone: chemical substance produced by a gland, carried by the blood, which alters the activity of one or more specific target organs.
- Search in the internet a picture which shows the glands which secrete hormones in the human body.
What hormones secrete each gland:
Adrenal gland: Adrenaline
Thyroid gland: Thyroxine and calcitonin
Pituitary gland: Growth hormone
Pineal gland: Melatonin
3. ADRENALINE. State the effects of adrenaline. Chose a picture which shows a situation in which adrenaline is secreted. Explain.
Adrenaline is when you are frightened, excited or keyed up. There your brain sends impulses along a nerve to your adrenal glands, and these secrete adrenaline into the blood. The main effects of adrenaline are: Your hearts beats faster, your breathing rate increases, your pain body’s ability decreases and it causes a noticeable increase in strength and performance.
1. What does the writer think ahout borders?
2. Explain the ending of the poem.
3. Who is the persona talking to?
4. Explain what effect repetition has on the reader.
5. Explain the following quotation: “My bricks, O my genuine bricks Made of my genuine blood!”
6. How can you relate the poem to the present day?
Today we went to the lab and did an experiment on extracting DNA. This is how it got carried out:
To extract DNA from natural products
to observe the fibrilar structure of DNA.
Plastic cups – onion, banana
test tubes – Distilled water
knife – detergent
sticks – salt
a beater – ethanol
1- Cut the central part of the onion into cubes.
2- Add 3 tsp of detergent and 1 of salt in a plastic cup, and pour distilled water up to the top.
3- Mix this solution with the pieces of onion.
9- Let it rest for 2-3 minutes until a cloudy area is formed between the 2 layers.
11- Add few drops of blue methylene and record your observations.
Record your observations!
a- Where in the cell is the DNA?
The DNA is in the nucleus.
b- What are the fibres made of?
The fibres are nucleotides joined together.
c- What is a gene?
A gene is a length of DNA that codes for a protein.
What is the DNA?
DNA is deoxyribose neuceic acid.